REGARDING DNB IN INDIA
- Don’t choose corporate hospitals anywhere in the country.
- Govt hospitals and railways don’t provide any hostel or accommodation facilities even after payment of your accommodation fees.
- Hands on is excellent only in the 5 govt hospitals running in Delhi and the 2 trust hospitals in andhra Pradesh
- Most of the trust hospitals have only 1 OT day per Pg student. So you hardly get surgical hands on.
- Opd census of almost all the small hospital with 200 to 450 beds have low count(only 30 patients in a day) , no trauma or emergency cases.
- Don’t opt for any district hospital since they don’t handle the high risk cases and they refer it to corporates or govt medical colleges. And plus there is 3 years service bond after dnb in district hospitals.
- Hospitals in Maharashtra generally don’t have good academics, you’ll have to self study and rely on hear and say.
- Nobody from the faculty is going to guide you in thesis presentation.
- Only 5 to 10 hospitals conduct regular assessments of the pg students.
- Many students have also told they scrub in every OT but they work as helper and camera man for lap surgeries.
- Academics is near to zero.
- Even if you have a good hands-on, you’ll suffer a lot in your exams because you wont get time to study, or attend any conferences.
- There is no regulatory authority in the hospital which keeps you informed about the thesis, exam dates and deadlines.
- Many rules have been violated by the hospitals, including stipend being paid 10000 rupees lesser than what needs to be paid.
- Some dnb hospitals have been shut down due to lack of teaching consultants, you can read the recent news online.
- Some hospitals even threatened the dnb students against filing complaints with the nbe.
- Many students dropped out of surgery dnb every year (almost 127 to 140 vacant seats) are carried forward to the next session. The reason being they didn’t get good hands-on. And were only made to run here and there for pre-op assessments and clerical duties.
- You’ll always be at the mercy of your consultants, if they’re good then you may have a slight chance of learning things, or else you’ll be regretting your choice of hospital for the next three years.
ALL THE BEST CHOOSE WISELY .
ABOVE POINTS / ADVICE / OPINION ARE GIVEN BY DNB STUDENTS , OPINION DIFFERS. PLEASE ENQUIRY AND TAKE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION BEFORE JOINING.
ANYTHING TO OMIT OR ADD DO EMAIL US-: email@example.com