I GAVE JIPMER 21ST JUNE 2020 , HERE ARE MY OPINION/OBSERVATIONS:
To think of the JIPMER exam today, it wasn’t a typical eponyms and trivial question paper as it always had been. A good set of direct and clinical questions.
Things to take away from the exam:
- Anatomy : action of muscles, clinical abnormalities related to anatomy.
- Physiology : renal physiology mayhem.
- Biochemistry – IEMs
- Pathology – named bodies and clinico-pathological co-relation of Haematology.
- Pharmacology – a little of everything, new drugs
- FmT – datura, IPC, poisonings and their odours, street names of drugs
- Microbiology – the toughest section of the paper, please co-relate micro with antibiotics in pharma. Things like colistin sensitivity, MIC methods were asked.
- Paediatrics – further management of cases like dehydration, croup, conditions pertaining to peds alone, eponyms.
- Radiology – one theory question
- OBG – hydatidiform mole, case management, cervical cancer, markers for various tumors, prenatal checkup, hormones
- Medicine – renal, endocrine, shock, Emergencies, Emergencies and Emergencies.
- Surgery – very few questions. GI surgery mainly. DDx of pain p/a, spleen – OPSI
- Anaesthesia – agents of choice, assisted breathing methods
- Psychiatry – lithium 2 questions
- ENT – easy questions : otosclerosis was one
- Ophthal – don’t remember any question.
- Spm – Aruba trial, biostats****
Biostat was easy to an extent but as usual a lot of questions.
- Dermatology – acrodynia
- Orthopaedics – Eponymns, Eponymns and Eponymns.
No images fellas. NO IMAGES.
Overall Difficulty Level :
PGI JUNE 2020 >= AIIMS JUNE 2020 > JIPMER JUNE 2020
Thankyou , Hope it helps.
By- Dr. Sarthak Mishra