MORE COMING SOON WITH SUBJECT WISE
PSYCHIATRY & SKIN
1. Magical thinking belief that thinking can cause action.
2. Hallucination is disorder of perception.
3. Delusion is a disorder of thought.
4. Emotion is controlled by Frontal lobe.
5. Rorschach’s test measures Personality.
6. Best test for diagnosis of Organic Mental Disorders Bender Gestalt.
7. Test which uses projection typically is Rorschach’s test.
8. Rorschach inkblot test is Projective.
9. A false belief unexplained by reality shared by a number of people is
10. Sleep deprivation leads to Decreased mental alertness.
11. Delirium is marked by Clouding of consciousness.
12. Delusion is not present in Compulsive disorder.
13. Formed visual hallucinations are seen in lesion Temporal lobe.
14. Delusion in delirium are Transient
15. Disorientation is a features of Organic brain syndrome.
16. Reversible dementia is a feature of Hypothyroidism.
17. Delirium and schizophrenia differ from each other by Disorientation.
18. Wernicke’s encephalopathy involves which part of CNS Thalamus.
19. Neurofibrillary tangles with senile plaques are seen in Alzheimer’s disease.
20. Diffuse bilateral slow waves in EEG activity are seen in Delirium.
21. Most common cause of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease.
22. Physical dependence to drugs is indicated by Presence of need for
increased dosage and withdrawal symptoms occur on absence of drug.
23. Most common substance abuse in India Alcohol.
24. A child present with rhinorrhea, lacrimation, diarrhea Heroin withdrawal.
25. Physical drug dependence is not seen with Cannabis.
26. Most active compound in Cannabis is 9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
27. ‘Hemp insanity’ is due to intake of Cannabis.
28. Flash backs are seen with LSD.
29. Most common substance of abuse in India Alcohol.
30. Active substance in Hashish is 9 delta Tetra-Hydrocannabinol.
31. Yawning is a common feature of Opioid withdrawl.
32. The term “Dementia precox” was coined by Kraepelin.
33. ‘Dementia precox’ is Schizophrenia.
34. Contact with reality is lost in Psychosis.
35. Formal thought disorder is present most common in Hebephrenic
36. Schizophrenia is Functional psychosis.
37. Good prognosis in schizophrenia is indicated by Affective symptoms.
38. Personality deterioration is seen in Schizophrenia.
39. Psychomotor features are maximally seen in which type of schizophrenia
40. Marked disturbance in conation is a feature of Catatonic schizophrenia.
41. Personality deterioration is less in case of Paranoid schizophrenia.
42. Life time risk of schizophrenia is 0.85%(1%).
43. Intense nihilism, somatization, and agitation in old age are the features of
44. Anhedonia lack of enjoyment in previously pleasurable activities.
45. Dysthymia –Sub syndromal depressive symptoms for 2 years.
46. Duration for leveling manic episode 1 week.
47. Flight of ideas is seen in Mania.
48. Affective disorders are associated with disturbance in Mood.
49. Pressure of speech & flight of ideas is a feature of Manic episode.
50. A period of normalcy in between two psychotic disorders is a feature of
Manic depressive psychosis.
51. Skin doubling time is 8 weeks.
52. Vasodilatation of skin does not occur with Vasopressin.
53. Desmosomes are helpful in connect
Important LMR Anaesthesia
1.Maximum possibility of hepatitis and AIDS are with which blood products : cryoprecipitate
2.most common cause of hepatitis after blood transfusion: hepatitis B
3.Blood products which should be stored at room temperature: platelets
4.ABO compatibility is least important in : fresh frozen plasma
5.Mismatched blood transfusion during surgery is manifested by: increased blood loss(most specific)> hypotension
6.Blood transfusion borne endotoxemia and septicaemia is usually due to : pseudomonas
7.Vein of choice for parenteral route: subclavian.
8.Diseases which can be transmitted through blood are : Bacterial: pseudomonas, staphylococcus, syphilis, salmonella, brucellosis, yersinia, and rickettsiae
9.Induction of choice for cyanotic heart disease is : ketamine
10.Hypovolemic shock occurs when intravascular volume is decreased by : 15-25%
11.MOA of local anaesthetics : blocking sodium channels
12.LA of choice in malignant hyperpyrexia :procaine
13.LA causing vasoconstriction: cocaine
14.methemoglobinemia caused by : prilocaine
15.Extradural veins :- these are valveless veins extending from cranium(intracranial sinuses) to pelvis
16.Bupivacaine : DOC for isobaric anaesthesia, C/I IV regional anaesthesia
17.Vasopressor of choice for spinal hypotension in pregnancy: ephedrine
18.Spinal cord : occupies the whole vertebral column in IUL but in infancy it ends at lower border of L3 while in adults lower border of L1
Dura extends up to S2
Pia (As filum terminale) up to coccyx
19.C7 – very prominent and easily palpable
T7 – lies opposite to inferior angle of scapula
L4-L5 – highest point of iliac crest
T9. – Xiphisternum
T10 – Umbilicus
L1 – inguinal ligament
PATHO – REVIEW
1. Glomerular hematuria does not clot becoz UROKINASE PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR and TISSUE PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATORS are synthesised in glomeruli and tubules, prevent clot formation
2. Mcc of nephritic syndrome
In adults-IgA nephropathy
3. Mcc of nephrotic syndrome
In children-Minimal change disease
In old age-MGN
4. MC renal disorder associated with leprosy–secondary amyloidosis
5. MC renal lesion associate with hep b viral infection –
In children- MGN
In adults- MPGN
6. MC renal lesion with hep c virus infection-CryoglobulinemicGN
OBG – REVIEWS
1. MC variety of endometrial cancer -adenocarcinoma
2. MC malignant variety of endometrial carcinoma :
clear cell ca and papillary serous tumor
3. 1st investigation done in case of endometrial ca-Endometrial aspiration biopsy
4. Best investigation for diagnosing endometrial ca- Hysteroscopy and biopsy
5. In all gynaecological ca FIGO system followed except in ca vulva where both FIGO and TNM staging can be done
6.Staging for endometrial ca is surgical i.e TAH with BSO with pelvic and paraaortic lymphnode dissection being performed @ time of sx only
7. Most characteristic histological finding in clearcell type of endometrial cancer : Hobnail cells
8. Referred pain in endometrial cancer to hypogastrium or both iliac fossa is simpsons pain
SURGERY – REVIEWS
1. Mc tumour of testis : mixed cell type > seminoma
2. Most radiosensitive testicular tumour : seminoma
3.Mc Testicular tumour in infants and children : yolk sac tumour
4. Most common testicular tumour in patients >60years : lymphoma
5. Testicular tumour with best prognosis : Yolksac tumour
6. Testicular tumour with worst prognosis : Hurricane tumour (a type of choriocarcinoma)
7. Mc benign lesion in scrotum : sebaceous cyst
8. Mc malignant tumour in scrotum : squamous cell cancer
PED – REVIEWS
1. MC tumour in children : leukemia
2. Mc solid tumour in children are : CNS TUMOURS
3. MC CNS tumours in children : glial tumours
4. Glial tumours includes astrocytoma , oligodendroglioma , ependymoma
5. Mc posterior fossa tumour in children : cerebrllar astrocytoma
6. 2nd mc posterior fossa tumour in children : medulloblastoma
7. Most cerebellar astrocytomas are benign and most medulloblastomas are malignant
8. Mc site of brain tumour in neonates : supratentorial
9. Mc site of brain tumour in childrens : infratentorial
ORTHO – REVIEW
1.Rice grain sequestrum is seen in tuberculosis
2. Ring sequestrum around amputation stump . Also seen around pin tracks of external fixators
3. Tubular sequestrum in hematogenous osteomyelitis
4. MESS (mangled extremity severity score ) evaluates chances of amputation in traumatic limb.
5. Gustilo and anderson classification : classification of open fracture
6. Major mineral of bone matrix is calcium hydroxyapatite
7. First stage of fracture healing is hematoma formation , last stage is stage of remodelling
8. Criteria for predicting risk of pathological fracture : MIRELS CRITERIA
PHARMA – REVIEW
1. DOC for choriocarcinoma : methotrexate
2. DOC for pancreatic cancer : gemcitabine
3. DOC for Chronic lymphocytic leukemia : fludarabine
4. Alkylating agents are used for chronic leukemia whereas antimetabolites are commonly used for acute leukemias
5. Marrow sparing cytotoxic drugs are vincristine , bleomycin , L – aspariginase
6. Distinctive toxicity of bleomycin is pulmonary fibrosis
7. Earliest indicator of bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis is decrease in DLCO
8. Doc for wegener granulomatosis : cyclophosphamide
9. Hemorrhagic cystitis is the side effect of using ifosfamide and cyclophosphamide. Metabolite responsible for it is ACROLEIN.
10. MESNA is used for treatment of hemorrhagic cystitis
Dr. Kiran Bedi
Dr. Ramya DGV
Dr. Radhika Bhimale
Dr. Sevvandhi Lata
Dr. Arpita Subhadarshini